In London, Virtus acquired the 40% of an office property of approx. 47,000 sq. ft. (4,366 sq. m.), at 6-7 Grosvenor Place from a US hedge fund. The property lies in Belgravia to the south of Hyde Park Corner at the junction with Halkin Street and with a rear elevation to Headfort Place. The building was originally designed by Thomas Cundy III in 1867-9 as part of the development for Nos. 6-16 Grosvenor Place. In the latter part of the 1800s the property was the residence of Sir Henry Campbell-Bannerman (1836-1908), a former prime minister. In more recent times large sections of the property were remodeled, 1954 and 1973, with inter alia the introduction of substantial steel beams and in order to provide modern office space.